The Pennsylvania Association of Naturopathic Physicians
The Pennsylvania Association of Naturopathic Physicians (PANP) is a dedicated group of highly trained primary care practitioners who specialize in natural medicine. Naturopathic Physicians combine centuries of knowledge in healing sciences with new and innovative techniques to support the body through both acute and chronic illness.
Board of Directors
- President: Michelle Niesley, ND
- Vice President: Heather DeLuca, ND
- Secretary: Julie Lachman, ND
- Treasurer: Jaie Bosse, ND
- Past President: Renee Awad, ND
The PANP is working toward regulation of the naturopathic profession to protect Pennsylvania consumers. Licensing provides a clear and unequivocal means for the public to identify and rely on graduate level trained Naturopathic Doctors (NDs).
Licensing NDs would provide:
- Quality Assurance — Licensing would ensure that NDs adhere to thesame benchmarks of professional accountability as do other licensed health professionals.
- Health Freedom — Licensure is necessary in order to provide the public with availability and accessibility to choices in health care.
- Treatment Integration — With licensure, naturopathic physicians would be expected to operate according to set standards and competency requirements. Professionals would be free to communicate with, refer patients to, and integrate techniques with standard natural treatments.
- Fraud Protection — Protection for the public is an essential concern of the PANP. Currently, the public is not able to easily identify physician-level trained naturopathic doctors. Anyone regardless of training can claim to be a 'Naturopath,' yet consumers deserve and expect regulation of health care professionals, including NDs. Licensure would insure the reliability of the practitioners and their education.
- Cost Effectiveness — Naturopathic doctors focus on the health education and prevention of disease. Dietary management along with natural medicines are proven to improve many of today’s most expensive health conditions. This approach results in fewer number of doctor visits, less use of prescription medications and less expensive surgeries.
Support the PANP
The people here in Pennsylvania deserve access to highly trained, licensed NDs who can provide safe, regulated, less invasive and less costly alternatives to conventional treatments. Help us to provide our state with more natural choices in health care.
- Corporate sponsorship is an ideal way to become involved in this grassroots effort to help Pennsylvania Naturopathic Doctors get licensed! Corporate monies allow us to educate the community, health care professionals and legislators on the benefits of licensure and the ways to help the licensure efforts, which will increase access to naturopathic medicine in Pennsylvania.
- Individuals can show their support for the PANP as well. With your help, we can bring safe, natural health care choices to you and your family.
Search for Our Cause
What if the PANP earned a penny every time you searched the Internet? Or how about if a percentage of every purchase you made online went to support our cause? Well, now it can!
GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
GoodShop.com is a new online shopping mall which donates up to 37 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause! Hundreds of great stores including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy's and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you'll be supporting the PANP.